Adopt These Simple Steps to Get Fit
By Raman Kuppuswamy
It may be a tough bet to make a guess about the next big theory in the fitness field. In this context, if your aim is to get fit and if you keep on asking for advice from every person you meet, you will get as many or even double the number of suggestions as the number of people you seek advice from. This complicates the whole process and ultimately, you will be a confused person who is not able to take even the first step towards achieving your goal. But there are a few simple steps that can help you in achieving your aim of getting fit. Let us have a look.
1. Think of your goal as often as possible. Frame a few affirmations that you can repeat to yourself so you get enthused to take the required steps. For example, “I will be shedding 10 pounds within six months so my appearance gets enhanced” is the right affirmation that can strengthen your desire. The point is that your affirmation should be realistic and achievable.
2. Think many times before inviting your close friends for a drink or before you are about to “indulge.” The point that is emphasized is that you may not really like to have a drink or may not really feeling hungry. These may be ploys to escape from the situations you find yourself in.
3. Meditation can do a world of good for your health. Even if you are a very fit person, it is of no use if you do not have a calm mind. Meditation will help in calming your mind. You can choose any type of meditation but you should practice it with consistency.
4. Sleep can play a very vital role in your efforts to get fit. It is during sleep that your body repairs itself by secreting all the necessary hormones. Therefore, ensure to have at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep daily.
5. Drink a good amount of water daily. Experts advise that by drinking at least 8 glasses of water, you can cleanse your system. Health issues like constipation and stomach disorder will not affect you if you make it a point to drink sufficient quantity of water on a daily basis.
6. Do not force yourself to do your exercises. You should enjoy your workout regimen. If you feel bored or fatigued in the midst of your workout session, stop doing your exercises and begin a new activity like dancing or yoga or play an outdoor game. In other words, have fun while trying to get fit.
7. Develop an affinity towards fruits and vegetables. All the fruits may not be available during all the seasons. Opting for seasonal fruits and vegetables will do immense good to your health.
8. Develop the reading habit because this habit will enrich your mind. You will become more productive. Not only that, reading habit is a great stress-buster. Remember that stress will retard your progress in getting fit.
9. Get rid of dead-weight friends. Keep away from negative-minded and fault-finding friends. Similarly, keep away from lazy and inactive people. Negative-minded folks may corrupt your mind. In the case of lazy people, their lazy habit may rub on you.
Raman Kuppuswamy is a freelance writer who is capable of writing on many niches. Please visit http://hubpages.com/ @dreamdamodar to read the contents he has posted on Hub Pages.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Raman_Kuppuswamy/412011