Healthy Diet Recipe – Papaya Cake
By Julian Hee
Papaya is a fruit native to tropical part of America. Its scientific name is Carica papaya. Papaya was originally planted in Mexico a few centuries before the emergence of Mesoamerican classic cultures. Papaya has a sweet and delicate taste which can be compared to butter/margarine. Christopher Columbus called it the fruit of the angels. Papayas are available on the market all year round although there are some times when they are most abundant.
Not only is papaya delicious but it is also rich in antioxidants such as carotene, vitamin C, and flavonoid. It is also a great source of vitamin B especially folic acid and pantothenic acid. It contains minerals such as potassium and magnesium. It is undoubtedly a great source of fibers. Papaya offers you many great health benefits such as:
– It helps protect you from heart disease. Eating papaya can reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. Vitamin C and E are antioxidants that prevent cholesterol oxidation. Oxidized cholesterol often clogs the blood vessels. The high amount of fiber in papaya can also help lower your cholesterol levels.
– Papaya can improve your digestive health. Papaya contains abundant amount of fiber which reduce the risk of colon cancer. Folic acid, vitamin C, beta-carotene, and vitamin E in papaya also help reduce the risk of colon cancer.
– It acts as anti-inflammatory agent. Papaya contains papain and chymopapain which help reduce inflammation and promote faster wound recovery.
– It helps boost immunity. Vitamin C and vitamin A in papaya are essential for immunity. Papaya is a great choice to protect you from influenza.
Here is a healthy papaya recipe you can try.
For 8 servings
– 180 g of papaya
– 3 tablespoons of water
– 40 g of vegetable oil
– One egg
– 150 g of flour
– 80 g of brown sugar
– 20 g of raisin
– One and a quarter teaspoon of baking powder
– Half a teaspoon of salt
– One third teaspoon of cinnamon powder
– One third teaspoon of nutmeg powder
– A quarter teaspoon of ginger powder
How to make it
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg powder, ginger powder, and raisin. Leave it aside.
2. Mix papaya with water and blend it finely. Strain it with a tea filter.
3. Mix the oil, brown sugar, and egg with a mixer.
4. Pour in the flour into the mixture, set your mixer at low speed.
5. Pour in the papaya juice gradually until it mix well with all the ingredients.
6. Put the mixture in any mold you like, grease the mold with some butter and sprinkle some flour on it before putting it in the oven. Set the temperature at 180 Celsius degree for 50 minutes.
7. Get it out, leave it for a while. Cut it into 8 pieces.
8. Ready to serve
Nutrition facts per serving
– Energy: 164 calories
– Fat: 5.2 g
– Carbohydrate: 27.3 g
– Fiber: 1 g
– Protein: 2.2 g
Following a balanced diet [http://bestbodybuildinginfo.com/fat-loss/balanced-diet-plan-%E2%80%93-build-huge-muscles-burn-the-fat] and exercising regularly are the keys to a healthy lifestyle. Julian Hee is a fitness enthusiast and has started a website dedicated to bodybuilding supplements: protein powder, creatine monohydrate, meal replacement bar [http://bestbodybuildinginfo.com/muscle-building/choosing-the-best-meal-replacement-bar], glutamine, etc.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Julian_Hee/901600