Paleo Diet – Lose Weight and Eat Healthy
By Roaldo Percoco
Paleo Diet – The Basics
Do I need a Paleo Diet Plan?
50,000 years ago, when men were hunters and gatherers, it was okay to “eat-up” in order to develop layers of fat, as that would be useful in the winter when food was hard to find. That’s not a problem anymore. Today, we get a constant supply of processed and refined foods such as chocolates, sodas and sugars, which are really bad for us.
They cannot be synthesized by the kidney and liver quickly enough as they contain so many simple carbohydrates – which become metabolized into the body and are stored as fat. So, we need to change the way we eat, and adopt a diet plan that supports our natural biorhythms, instead of endangering them.
That’s why you need a Paleo Diet Plan. What’s the Paleo Diet? The Paleo Diet for beginners is simply the healthiest way to eat because it is unique – it works in synch with your genetics to help you stay lean and strong for much longer, and gives you the energy boost you need.
The Paleo diet food list consists of foods that your digestive system, liver, kidneys and guts can work with ease, along with the glandular system. A Paleo Diet involves only eating foods that the human had adapted itself to before the onset of industrialization, and the social and environmental changes that it brought about. So the faster you make Paleo recipes a part of your daily food habits, the sooner you start experiencing the transformation.
So what to expect from a Paleo Diet Beginners?
First of all, there’s no right way eat the works for everyone. The humans of the Paleolithic era lived on a variety of foods. Well, they didn’t really have a lot of choice when it came to food and basically ate anything they could get their hands on. Some ate high-protein, low-carb animal foods, while others preferred to have plant-based foods.
Paleo snacks or Paleo breakfast ideas, are rich and varied; you may have your own preferences when it comes to Paleo diet recipes. But they are based on a few sound principles, such as avoiding highly processed foods, or anything that looks like it was made in the factory, such as bread. Instead of bread, have gluten-free Paleo bread, does not have any wheat or grains.
Avoid any foods that contain the following ingredients:
– Dairy: Avoid milk and dairy products completely. However, some Paleo recipes include butter and cheese).
– Sugar and High Fructose Corn Syrup: Avoid fruit juices, table sugar, ice cream, soft drinks and pastries.
– Artificial Sweeteners: Avoid artificial sweeteners such as Sucralose, Saccharin, and Acesulfame Potassium.
– Grains: Avoid wheat, bread and pasta, as well as rye, barley and spelt.
– Legumes: Avoid beans, lentils and many more.
– Vegetable Oils: Avoid sunflower oil, soybean oil, corn oil, cottonseed oil, grapeseed oil, and safflower oil.
– Trans Fats: Completely avoid trans fats (also called as partially hydrogenated oils) that are found in various types of processed foods.
Paleo Diet List – What You Can Have
You can have as much real, unprocessed foods as you need. Here are the foods that you can use for your Paleo breakfast ideas or Paleo snacks. The general rule is to have organic, grass-fed or pasture raised foods. If such foods are not easily available to you, or if they are not within your budget, make sure to choose the least processed foods in the market.
– Meats: Have beef, chicken, lamb, pork, etc.
– Vegetables: Have green leafy vegetables such as kale, spinach as well as cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, onions, tomatoes, carrots and more.
– Fruits: Have tasty and colorful fruits such as apples, oranges, bananas, pears, strawberries, blueberries, pineapples and more
– Fish and Seafood: Have wild-caught fish such as salmon, shrimp, trout, shellfish, etc.
– Eggs: Always have Omega-3 enriched eggs.
– Wine: Red wine is rich in antioxidants and generally healthy, as long as you don’t have too much of it.
– Healthy Fats and Oils: Have olive oil, coconut oil and avocado oil.
– Salt: Only have sea salt or Himalayan salt.
– Water: Have plenty of water and make sure that you always stay hydrated.
– Tea and Coffee: It is okay to have tea and coffee as they are rich in antioxidants. Green tea is considered to be particularly healthy.
– Tubers: Have potatoes, yams, turnips and sweet potatoes
– Nuts and Seeds: Have almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and more.
Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate with high cocoa content is considered to be very nutritious besides being tasty. It’s a delicious indulgence to have.
For More on The Paleo Way visit our website: [http://thepaleowaycenter.com]. We have additional articles and Paleo Diets designed to make you healthy again.
So make the choice today. If you need to shed those unsightly pounds, This guide could be the first step in the journey towards the new you. Make no mistake about it because if you do not equip yourself with the correct knowledge of health and dieting, you will end up going round in circles and spending your hard earned money searching for the silver bullet to weight loss. But the fact of the matter is, there is NO magic pill to weight loss. Just effort and sticking to a proper weight loss plan. [http://thepaleowaycenter.com]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Roaldo_Percoco/2264202